Measurement Framework for Schooling in Australia
We publish the Measurement Framework for Schooling in Australia, which the Education Council has approved as the basis for reporting to the community on progress towards the Education Goals for Young Australians.
At its December 2019 meeting, Education Council signed the Alice Springs (Mparntwe) Education Declaration (4Mb) setting out the national education goals for the next ten years. ACARA has revised the Measurement Framework to reflect the new declaration.
The measurement framework:
- details nationally agreed key performance measures (KPMs) for schooling
- outlines the annual assessment and reporting cycle and
- underpins the National Report on Schooling in Australia
The framework also informs other reports including the Report on Government Services released by the Productivity Commission.
View the Measurement Framework for Schooling in Australia 2020 (PDF 0.7Mb) (updated 13/9/2023)
What's new in 2020?
- Parts 1‒4 of the framework have been revised to reflect the Alice Springs (Mparntwe) Education Declaration
- Part 5, the schedule, has been updated to reflect the postponement of NAP Sample assessments and the international PISA assessment due to COVID 19
- No further changes have been made to the KPMs
Previous editions addressing the Melbourne Declaration on Educational Goals for Young Australians: