Who we are
What we do
- General information
- ACARA Act (see sections 6 to 8 for detailed information on ACARA’s functions and powers)
- ACARA Curriculum
- ACARA Reporting
Our reports and responses to Parliament
- ACARA Annual Report 2008 – 2009
- ACARA Annual Report 2009 – 2010
- ACARA Annual Report 2010 – 2011
- ACARA Annual Report 2011 – 2012
- Submission to the Senate Education, Employment and Workplace Relations Committee - Inquiry into the administration and reporting of NAPLAN testing – see submission number 261
Routinely requested information and disclosure log
Information that can be published resulting from freedom of information requests and any routinely released information from such requests is published on our disclosure log page.
ACARA consults widely with key individuals, organisations and jurisdictions in the design and development of the Australian Curriculum, the National Assessment Program and reporting on educational outcomes. Detailed information on ACARA’s curriculum Advisory Groups is available on the ACARA website.
ACARA encourages feedback from all people interested in the future of education during key consultation stages. The Australian Curriculum consultation site allows people to read, review and provide feedback on draft curriculum materials as they become available for public consultation.
See also the Governance and Advisory Structure information on the ACARA website for more information on Advisory and Reference Groups.
- Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority Act 2008
- Melbourne Declaration on Educational Goals for Young Australians
- See also Chapters 1 and 2 of the ACARA Annual Report 2010 – 2011
- ACARA’s portfolio budget statements can be viewed on the Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR) website.
- Information on ACARA’s budget can be found in Chapter 4 of the relevant ACARA Annual Report (see Chapter 9 in 2008 – 2009).
- Information on tenders is available on our tenders page.
- Membership of advisory panels is published in Chapter 5 of the relevant ACARA Annual Report (see Chapter 3 in 2008-2009).
- A copy of the ACARA Enterprise Agreement 2012 - 2016 can be viewed here.
ACARA’s submission to the Senate Education, Employment and Workplace Relations Committee – “Inquiry into the administration and reporting of NAPLAN testing” is available on the Department of the Senate website – see submission number 261.
- FOI Policy
- Complaints handling policy
- Recognition of alternative curriculum
- Data access protocols policy
- News and Media
- MySchool factsheets
- National Assessment Program (NAP) factsheet
- Australian Curriculum information sheets
- Australian Curriculum FAQ's
List of documents which are impractical to publish
If you have not been able to find the documents that you are looking for, please email ACARA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessibility and feedback regarding IPS documents
If the document you need is not available in a format you can access, please contact us for assistance.
We invite you to provide feedback on ACARA's Information Publication Scheme (IPS) entry, particularly in relation to any documents that appear not to be discoverable, understandable or machine-readable.
ACARA contact details can be found on the contact us page of our website.