National Report on Schooling in Australia 2011
Funding Australia’s schools
This section provides information on six main areas:
1. Funding arrangements for Australian schools in 2011
2. Funding overview of government and non-government schools in 2011
3. Government school funding and trends
4. Non-government school funding and trends
5. Capital expenditure on government and non-government schools in 2010–11
6. Overview of My School financial information for the 2010 calendar year.
The report provides an outline of government (both Australian and State/Territory) funding arrangements for each of the school sectors.
In line with State and Territory government budgets, government school funding is historically reported on a financial year basis. The financial year reported is the period 1 July 2010 to 30 June 2011. This is referred to as 2011 funding in this section of the report.
Non-government school funding is provided on a calendar year basis and reflects funding and expenditure for the 2011 calendar year except for data sourced from the Report on Government Services (ROGS), which are calculated for the 2010–11 financial year. (These are derived by averaging full-time equivalent student numbers for the 2010 and 2011 calendar years.)
Part 8.6 of the report provides high-level profiles of recurrent funding information for the 2010 calendar year published for individual schools on the My School website. These data were released at the same time (March 2012) as My School non-finance data for the 2011 school year. My School calendar year finance data will always lag by one year relative to most My School non-finance data.