National Report on Schooling in Australia 2010
Funding Australia’s schools
This section provides information on six main areas:
1. Funding developments in Australian schools in 2010
2. Funding overview of government and non-government schools in 2010
3. Government school funding and trends
4. Non-government school funding and trends
5. Capital expenditure on government and non-government schools in 2009–2010
6. Overview of My School financial information for the 2009 calendar year.
The report provides an outline of government (both Australian and State/Territory) funding arrangements for each of the school sectors.
In line with State and Territory government budgets, government school funding is historically reported on a financial year basis. The financial year reported is the period 1 July 2009 to 30 June 2010. This is referred to as 2010 funding in this section of the report.
Non-government school funding is on a calendar year basis and reflects funding and expenditure for the 2010 calendar year.
Part 8.6 is a new component of the report that provides high-level profiles of recurrent funding information for the 2009 calendar year published for individual schools on the My School website. These data were released at the same time (March 2011) as My School non-finance data for the 2010 school year. My School calendar year finance data will always lag by one year relative to My School non-finance data.