Australian Curriculum comparison studies released
We have published three studies comparing the Australian Curriculum with the curricula of British Columbia, Finland and Singapore.
The three international comparative studies were produced as part of ACARA’s research program to consider international trends and developments in curriculum design.
British Columbia, Finland and Singapore are recognised internationally as high performing in education rankings and international assessments. An international comparative study with New Zealand will be published later this year.
Machine-readable content on the Australian Curriculum website
A new version of machine-readable content for the Australian Curriculum website is now available. This content can be downloaded from http://rdf.australiancurriculum.edu.au for the purposes of importing the Australian Curriculum into databases.
Technical information for machine-readable Australian Curriculum (MRAC) content
For those who have previously downloaded the MRAC information, a SPARQL endpoint will be available, along with JSON manifest files of the data. The new data will start from version 2018/05.
There will be a few changes:
- Mode, year level mode and year level mode strands will no longer exist in the new data.
- An abstract predicate will only appear once per learning area.
- New elaborations going onward will not have elaboration codes attached.
National Report on Schooling data portal updates
Release of National Report on Schooling 2016
The National Report on Schooling in Australia 2016 has been released. ACARA produces this report on behalf of the COAG Education Council.
The national report is published as an annual record, complemented by the more up-to-date interactive data contained in the National Report on Schooling data portal.
The 2016 report includes a dashboard representing any statistically significant changes in key performance measures, such as student participation:
Data updated on the National Report on Schooling data portal
ACARA’s interactive resource the National Report on Schooling data portal has been updated with new data on schools and schooling including:
- The addition of new data (calculated from the Australian Bureau of Statistics – Census of Population and Housing) on:
- student enrolment rates
- participation and attainment in education and work.
- A new time series view of student attendance measures.
- A new view to compare Indigenous and non-Indigenous apparent retention rates, and the publication of these data for 2017.